Natural disasters and tragedies impacting communities across the country became only too familiar and frequent. If you’ve got been recently impacted, we hope, first and foremost, that you simply and your family are safe and healthy.
- We know that these tragedies can have both an instantaneous and lasting impact on a students’ ability to achieve success in class , remain involved in their community, and continue with their college search and application process. As we move through each application cycle, please note the following:
- Our priority deadlines haven’t any pertaining to the chance for admission, scholarship and aid . If a student’s interest in Linfield remains strong, we invite their application once they are prepared to submit it – be that All Saints’ Day or February 1 for for college kids curious about Linfield Scholarship and Visit Weekend, a deadline extension could also be granted beyond December
- While all required materials must be submitted before we start the file review process, should a transcript or recommendation be missing, we’ll simply hold the file until it’s complete and review it with all the knowledge . Delayed school materials won’t impact a student’s prospect for admission – only the notification timeline. If a student’s current year grades are impacted, please utilize the extra Information section of the Common App, space in Linfield’s Member Questions, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with an evidence that might be helpful for us to know the foremost recent grades.
- We re-evaluate scholarship offers if improved test scores are submitted after an admission offer is shipped . If a student intended on re-taking the SAT or ACT and were unable, we welcome the previous scores with the prospect to submit updated scores later. Or, simply wait until they’re ready to sit for the exams again and send the new scores. We also offer a test-optional admission plan, and accept test scores as official if sent from the varsity counseling office. so as for a student to receive a full aid offer by April 1, all transcripts and SAT or ACT scores should be submitted by March 1.
- If applying for need-based aid using the FAFSA and it not accurately reflects the family’s financial situation, our aid office would be happy to start a conversation with a family about the simplest process to supply a clearer picture.