The International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh (icddr,b) is an international health research organisation located in Dhaka, Bangladesh.Dedicated to saving lives through research and treatment, icddr,b addresses some of the most critical health concerns facing the world today, ranging from improving neonatal survival to HIV/AIDS. In collaboration with academic and research institutions over the world, icddr,b conducts research, training and extension activities, as well as programme-based activities, to develop and share knowledge for global lifesaving solutions.
icddr,b is one of the leading research institutes in Bangladesh, releasing, according to the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, 18 percent of the country’s publications.icddr,b Job Circular has been given bellow. bdlatestjobcircular1.com
Communication Specialist under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division(Re-adv#90/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established 60 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information – icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Communication Specialist under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Short Term (CSA) basis for 7 months for its 200 Bed COVID-19 Isolation and Treatment Center (ITC), Teknafwhich is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station – Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar
No. of vacancy – 01 post
Salary – Monthly Tk. 1,30,733 / -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities – Risk and Hazardous Allowance (25% of salary), festival bonus as per icddr,b HR Policies and procedures manual and Group Professional Indemnity Insurance for COVID-19.
The position holder will Develop content for external and internal dissemination; strengthen and leverage relationship with print and electronic media with the objective of generating awareness and positive propaganda for icddr,b’s ITC Teknaf and research activities within the operational plans of the Creative Services department and organisational values and guidelines. The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Content Development: Identify programme representatives for internal communication in collaboration with Centre Directors/ Senior management; Collate information related to new developments, initiatives and research activities regularly across icddr,b for story generation on its COVID-19 ITC Teknaf program; Provide suggestions to Senior Manager – Communication on appropriate dissemination platforms of stories (e.g. News & Views, website, newspaper, electronic media); Synthesize information and contextualize content for the assigned media platform within timelines; Seek validation from Senior Manager – Communication; Modify and finalize content based on feedback; Share the final output with the respective department head in order to develop relevant and meaningful content for internal and external readers.
- Media Management: Analyze the health media environment to identify trends related to coverage of public health and research themes relevant to icddr,b COVID_19 ITC Teknaf; Update project team members/researchers on such trends and potential areas of coverage for icddr,b; Identify opportunities for placing stories in different magazines, newspapers etc.; Maintain and update journalist database; Network and build relationship with media representatives (e.g. editors of health magazines, news reporters, anchors); Generate interest in media on recent developments and latest research/ activities at icddr,b; COVID_19 ITC Teknaf; Coordinate with media houses for such stories to be published / printed / covered on air / tv shows etc.; Create visit plan for media and seek approval from Media Specialist; Coordinate visits and interactions between researchers/staff members, government officials, partner organization/donor and media; Validate media stories for accuracy of facts and information in order to effectively create awareness of icddr,b research activities externally.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in English or Communications or other relevant subject with good academic record;
- 5 years of experience in content development, copywriting or journalism from media organisations, preferably with exposure to public health sector.
Knowledge of –
- Media Management and Planning
- Graphic Designing Skills
- Branding Concepts and Mechanisms
- Communication Principles and Tools
- Promotion Campaign Management Skills
- Fund Raising Principles and Processes
- Domain Knowledge
- Cost Management Skills
Skill of –
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by June 22, 2020. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate.
Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. Candidates who applied before need not apply again.
Check icddr,b All Recent job Circular Posted On Official Website:
Browse by: All National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) International (open to all)